Los Angeles, California, United StatesLocation:
Tue 10 May ’22Posted on:
Farouki Farouki is a small but ambitious New Orleans-based architecture and interior design firm with a growing portfolio of design-focused hospitality, restaurant and bar projects, and multi-family projects in the national and international scale.
Prior to founding their firm, Caroline Farouki worked on hospitality and retail projects at New York studios AvroKO and Pompei AD Sabri Farouki worked on a wide range of cultural and mixed-use projects as a architect at Bjarke Ingels Group, Diller Scofidio + Renfro, and store architects.
We are looking for talented candidates in the Los Angeles market who would like to work for our studio remotely. Our current needs are full time and the duration is flexible.
In an ideal world, a candidate is now based in Los Angeles but wants to relocate and grow with our studio locally.
The ideal candidate currently works or has worked with a design-focused practice in a major US market and possesses a developed design sensibility and an array of creative and technical resources.
- Develop thoughtful, consistent and unique furniture concepts derived from inspirational images
- Model furniture at DD level of detail and scale in Rhino 3D
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of scale, proportion and ergonomic comfort of furniture
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of contract sustainability as it relates to furniture and fabric selections
- Experience designing and documenting bespoke rugs, carpets and millwork
- Be proficient in writing furniture and material specifications using an interior design specification program such as DesignSpec or similar
- Experience reviewing shop drawings and material submissions
- Develop furniture budgets with commercial prices
Interested candidates, please send an email to [email protected] with your cover letter in the body of the email and your portfolio as an attachment in PDF format.
Please include only professional projects – built or unbuilt. Please include DD and CD level drawings, examples of custom furniture and lighting, hand sketches, picture charts, etc.
Back to task list…