FFA is looking for a talented and highly motivated full-time interior designer, with a bachelor’s degree in interior architecture and 5 to 8 years of experience as such, to join our firm. architecture and interior design for 30 people.
FFA is a full-service design firm offering award-winning expertise in architecture, planning and interior design. Since 1956, our practice has focused on the development of timeless, beautiful and sustainable architecture. The FFA is proud of this tradition and its legacy of thoughtful and contextual projects throughout the Pacific Northwest.
We understand that architecture is fundamentally for people. It is a tranquil backdrop in our lives that, when done with care, has the power to enrich and inspire. For this reason, we work to create buildings and spaces designed around the people who use them. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about building their career with us as a key member of our team.
Applicants for the interior designer position should have experience in programming, conceptual design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration services for public and private commercial works. Experience in leading these efforts is preferred.
Applicants should also understand how interior components are constructed and how materials fit together in a space. The ability to think critically about design opportunities at this level as well as to detail those connections in a set of drawings is essential, as is the experience, desire and ability to work in an open, collaborative and creative environment.
Remuneration is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
- Knowledge and experience with all aspects of commercial interior design including leasehold improvement design, space planning, programming, concept development, color and material selection, FF&E, management suppliers / suppliers and contractors;
- Ability to work closely with multiple types of clients and personalities to cultivate client relationships by providing consistently excellent service;
- Exceptional communication and time management skills;
- Ability to manage multiple large and small scale projects with multiple and overlapping deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as an active team member on projects led by architects and within the interiors team;
- Ability to travel to local and regional customer sites (personal transportation is not required);
- Proficiency in creating presentation materials within Adobe Creative Suite;
- Ability to make observations on the project site and develop documentation for accurate base drawings;
- Ability to take ownership of projects and tasks and consistently deliver design excellence;
- Interest in collaborating on shaping the new direction of the Interiors team and continuing to push the boundaries of high quality design;
- A high level of integrity, work ethic, professionalism, enthusiasm for the design process and delivery, and the desire to invest in a career with FFA.
- Bachelor of Interior Architecture professional degree from an accredited institution or equivalent degree in architectural design or work experience;
- REVIT for commercial projects.
- Mastery of Sketchup modeling
- Mastery of Enscape rendering
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- NCIDQ Certification
- LEED accreditation
- WELL Construction Standard Certification
- Knowledge and experience working with BOMA standards
- Experience in designing higher education, affordable housing and library projects
- Design charettes
- Lunch and CEU courses
- Community service events
- Staff outings and celebrations
- Internal committee engagement groups such as the sustainability committee, office safety committee, community engagement committee, and equity committee
After a 90-day induction period, a competitive compensation and benefits program will include:
Medical insurance Voluntary Vision and dental Short and long term disability Subsidized TriMet passports Flexible expense account Paid vacation Paid vacation
Office culture includes: Educational opportunities, design carts, CEU lunch and learns, community service events, staff adventures and celebrations.
FFA is an employer that guarantees equal opportunities and offers a professional, creative and collaborative teamwork environment. Our office, located in the Portland CBD, is directly on the Pioneer Square transit hub. We invite qualified applicants to email a resume and references to: Troy Ainsworth, Principal,
To learn more about FFA and the work we do, please visit our website at www.ffadesign.com.
We invite qualified applicants to email a resume and references to: Troy Ainsworth, Principal,