New York, New York, United StatesLocation:
Thu 25 Aug ’22Posted on:
Snøhetta is an integrated architecture, landscape, interior, product design and graphic design firm based in Oslo, New York, Innsbruck, Paris, Adelaide, Hong Kong and San Francisco. US offices work on architectural, interior and landscape architecture projects associated with libraries, performance spaces, master plans, universities, waterfronts, parks planning, urban redevelopments and public squares across the Americas.
The New York studio is looking for a designer to join the interior design team.
ABOUT THE JOB: The designer supports the success of projects and tasks by providing research, concept ideas, design drawings, as well as contributing design documentation for one or all of the design phases.
The designer will be exposed to various working methods focused on the following main actions:
- Thinking: generation of design content through various mediums
- Stock: production of drawings, presentations and general design production tasks
- Interact: participation in meetings, project discussions and studio life
HOW YOU MAKE THE JOB:
- Work with colleagues, across multiple disciplines, to engage in a collaborative design process. Apply critical and strategic thinking to develop sound concepts. Contribute perspective and collaborate in design thinking processes and design exploration
- Develop proficiency in hand drawing, physical model building, mixed media, Rhino, Grasshopper, and other similar platforms
- Learn about the project delivery process, which includes budget awareness, drawing sets, and specifications.
- Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems (FF&E), color palettes and lighting.
- Generate finishing plans, specifications and selections of materials needed for construction.
- Establish leadership skills to build on throughout your career, including dependability, candor, and humility.
- Refine your communication style and continually work to refine and improve it. Develop your emotional intelligence to better collaborate and connect with others
- Maintain professional curiosity and proactively learn about your role and industry
- Prioritize work based on project needs or Snøhetta initiatives
Snøhetta culture: All positions at Snøhetta, regardless of level or discipline, are based on the expectation that an individual will be a good corporate citizen who contributes to a positive and inclusive organizational culture.
This position is based in our New York City studio in the Financial District. Employees must spend at least 3 days per week working in person in the studio. The nature of our creative, collaborative and physical, tactile work is most effective when it can be done in person in a shared space. We recognize the value of maintaining flexibility and allowing employees to balance remote and in-person work.
ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE:
- Professional degree in interior architecture, interior design or architecture
- A range of 2 to 5 years of postgraduate professional experience in interior architecture/design
- Strong design sensitivity, talent and rigor
- Excellent knowledge of furniture, FF&E and color palettes
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite and Zoom
- A high degree of self-motivation, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Strong communication, collaboration and organizational skills
ABOUT OUR PROCESS: All applications are reviewed by an interdisciplinary team to see if your work, background and material matches our current needs. Human Resources will contact you if there is interest in your application. Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to applicants individually.
- Please submit your application to our CV database
- We review applications continuously. Due to the large number of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No phone calls or emails please
Back to task list…