The winners of the 13th Annual Showroom of the Year Awards were announced at Lightovation at an on-site ceremony hosted by the Dallas Market Center in partnership with Furniture, Lighting & Decor magazine.
Each year, these awards recognize three Showroom of the Year winners in different dollar volume categories, as well as three specialty awards.
“This year’s entrants and finalists have truly gone above and beyond their lighting retail business,” said Diane Falvey, editor of Furniture, Lighting & Decor. “The 2022 Showroom of the Year award winners have demonstrated initiative and a willingness to step outside of traditional lighting retail norms to deliver exceptional experiences for their customers. Congratulations!”
Among the applications and nominations received between December 2021 and February 2022, there were five finalists in each of three dollar volume categories: revenue under $2 million, revenue
$2 million to million dollars and revenues of $5 million and above. The 15 finalists for Showroom of the Year were also eligible for three specialty awards: Outstanding Merchandising Display, Outstanding Community Involvement and Social Media Star.
“Congratulations to these inspiring showrooms that reflect the best company values,” said Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center. “They are innovative, creative, generous and add significant value to their communities.”
The winners of the 13th Annual Showroom of the Year Awards are:
- Revenue under $2 million: Georgia Lighting, Sugar Hill, GA
- $2-5 Million Turnover: Pace Lighting, Savannah, GA
- Turnover of $5 million or more: Dominion Lighting, Arlington, VA
- Outstanding Merchandising Display: Amini’s Galleria, Chesterfield, MO
- Outstanding Community Involvement: Accent Lighting Galleries, Lake Oswego
- Social Media Star: Guildwood Lighting & Fireside, London, ON, Canada
Entries were judged by an esteemed panel of home and design industry professionals: Jeffrey Alan Marks, interior designer, lighting designer and director of Jeffrey Alan Marks Inc.; Robin Baron, interior designer, lighting designer and director of Robin Baron Design; and Randy Eller, retail consultant and owner of Eller Enterprises.
“We are privileged to be able to honor these outstanding showrooms in partnership with Furniture Lighting & Decor magazine,” said Laura Van Zeyl, Vice President, Audience Development, Lighting for Dallas Market Center. “All of this year’s finalists are truly inspiring, and congratulations to the 2022 winners for standing out amongst such incredible companies.”
Other Showroom of the Year 2022 finalists included:
- Lighting Styles – Cornelius, NC
- Single Source Lighting – Billings MT
- Tidal Lighting and Design, Madison, CT
- Design House – Houston, TX
- Fantastic Lights Pro, Dallas, TX
- Light Source Lighting, Plainfield, IL
- Galleria Lighting – Greenwood Village, CO
- Magnolia Lighting – Hernando, MS
- Ultra Design Center – Denver, CO
Winners will be featured in our next August 2021 issue. You will also find profiles of all finalists currently on our website.
Nominations and entries for the 2023 Showroom of the Year Awards, which are open to all independent lighting retailers in North America, will be accepted beginning December 2022. These awards will be presented during the 21-21 edition. June 24, 2023 from Lightovation in Dallas. The next edition of Lightovation will take place January 10-13, 2023, a new Tuesday-Friday date pattern that overlaps with the Total Home & Gift Market ending January 4-10 at the Dallas Market Center.